Your Privacy is Very Important to Us
- Your personal information will only be used as it is suggested at the time it is collected.
- Any information you share with us, from your email address to your name, will be carefully guarded through our use of industry-standard security software to encrypt your credit card number and other personal information. We will collect and use your personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means where appropriate with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used and to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our privacy polices and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any reason.
- We do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties who may want to offer you their own products and services.
- We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates where it is necessary for us to provide you with the services you have requested or to collect delinquent payment.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not personally identify you. Non-personally identifiable information may be derived from personally identifiable information by removing individual identities. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may also be aggregate information, or information without personally identifiable information that is used in the aggregate as a statistical measure. Jack Rabbit Self Storage may use and/or disclose such non-personally identifiable information for a variety of purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that does personally identify you as an individual. Examples include your name, address, telephone number, billing information or email address. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (such as information about your activity with our services or Site, or demographic information) is characterized as Personally Identifiable Information if linked to Personally Identifiable Information that identifies you.
What Information Do You Gather About Me?
We collect from you only the personal information you voluntarily provide in order to deliver the best possible service. This may include your name, driver’s license or state ID number, postal address, telephone number, and email address. We collect your email address so that we can send you confirmation of your transaction and account status, as well as to inform you about current offers or events. We may also collect information like your date of birth, country, and language preference. If you decide to make a purchase with us, we may collect your billing information, which includes your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. This information is used strictly for billing purposes.
When using our website, we may collect information about your device, operating system, installed software, and device settings. We may also collect information about the products/services you purchase, as well as the frequency and duration of your interactions with the website.
Why We Collect It
Information collection assists Jack Rabbit Self Storage in the administration and improvement of our business and the Site. Personally Identifiable Information may be used to:
- Provide and manage our services
- Deliver relevant content and recommendations
- Deliver relevant online advertising
- Enable social sharing functionality
- To contact you
- To protect our rights and the rights of others
Third parties, such as advertisers on the Site, may also collect information from you (such as by setting cookies on your device). Jack Rabbit Self Storage may not have any interaction with such information collection, nor control over such third-party passive information collection. Similarly, Jack Rabbit Self Storage may also receive information from third parties about you, including Personally Identifiable Information. Jack Rabbit Self Storage may combine such information with the information we collect about you, and once combined such information is subject to this Policy.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Jack Rabbit Self Storage does not sell information to unrelated third parties. However, Jack Rabbit Self Storage does send your contact and order information to the facility that you selected for purposes of satisfying your payment or reservation.
We may use third-party businesses to assist us in the operation and improvement of our services to you. This includes hosting the website, analytics and performance, location data, and other administrative services to maximize business capability.
We may also share your personal data to comply with applicable laws or respond to legal requests. Any information you make public (e.g. reviews, comments, etc.) may also be shared.
Surveys; from time-to-time, we may post surveys on our website. The surveys may request demographic information such as age range, gender, areas of interest, and familiarity with Jack Rabbit Self Storage products and services and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is entirely voluntary and with each request, you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Such survey information will be used to improve the overall experience with Jack Rabbit Self Storage.
Children Under the Age of 18
Jack Rabbit’s Site and services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact information below.
Jack Rabbit Self Storage and Session Cookies
www.JackRabbitSelfStorage.com uses session cookies to enable making transactions on our Site. A session cookie is a small file placed on your computer which acts as a unique identifier to keep track of the information you have entered. Without the session cookie, our Site cannot track the information you are entering and you will be unable to complete your transaction. A session cookie does not remain on your machine after you close your web browser window. Our session cookie contains none of your personal information and cannot be used to track you around the web. It can only be used by our website to identify the information you have entered during the transaction process which is required to complete the transaction.
How we protect your credit card and other personal information
When you input your credit card number and other personal information, we use an encrypted form to scramble the information before it’s sent so that even if anyone intercepts the information, it is highly unlikely that they will be able to read or use it. In addition, we take appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information. However, Jack Rabbit cannot guarantee that the Internet is 100% secure, so we recommend taking reasonable steps such as using a strong password, keeping passwords private, and not disclosing your sensitive personal information in publicly accessible places.
How you can review and correct your information
If you would like to view your account information online, simply log in to your account and make any corrections or updates in the information you provided to us when you rented in person or online.
Please note that given a lack of industry standards regarding "do-not-track" (DNT) signals, Jack Rabbit Self Storage currently does not take action in response to these signals. In other words, if your browser transmits a DNT signal, we may continue tracking.